LONDON: After September 2021, UK bans Huawei 5G equipment installation. That means the British telecommunications companies must not build new Huawei 5G kits. It is a part of a campaign to purge the Chinese company’s equipment from high-speed mobile networks.
By the end of 2027, Britain has already ordered all Huawei devices to be withdrawn from its 5G network. It is falling in line with intelligence partners. It includes the US, who say the business poses security risks.
China has opposed the move. Although Huawei said last week that Britain was disappointed after the publication of new laws that could see companies fined £ 100,000 if they break the ban. It is seeking to remove it from the 5G roll-out.
After that, Monday’s announcement comes ahead of a discussion in parliament on new telecoms regulations and fleshes out the timetable for the removal of equipment.
Furthermore, I am setting out a clear roadmap for the full exclusion from our 5G networks of high-risk vendors”. Said digital minister Oliver Dowden in a statement.”
“This will be achieved through new and unprecedented powers to identify and ban telecommunications facilities which pose a threat to our national security.”
The UK government have announced a news plan. After that, the plan diversify the 5G supply chain, consisting of an initial £ 250 million investment, trials in partnership with the Japanese company NEC and the establishment of new testing facilities.
Britain has already banned the purchase until the end of the year of the new Huawei 5G package.
Then, Britain said its July decision was related to fears that production chains may be disrupted by US sanctions on chip technology. Huawei said the decision was disappointing at the time, and was more about US trade policy than defence.