After months of hard work, the prices and release dates of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are finally crazy. Microsoft blinked first. It released its complete hardware product line on September 9. After the low-end Xbox Series S was leaked a day ago-Sony followed closely with its own release this week, announcing the PS5 Price and release date (plural) September 16.
These two game console series were launched in November, and the wallets are closely linked. Xbox Series X will be available globally on November 10th, while PS5 will be available on November 12th (in the United States, Japan, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea). November 19th (other countries in the world including the United Kingdom) Region) launched.
However, as the next volley in Endless Host Warfare prepares for battle. We know you have one primary question: which is better? Which faction should you loyal to? Where should you spend some cold money? Don’t worry, the rescue can be done by subdividing these two game consoles into four categories: specifications, games, backward compatibility and cost.
Which has the best hardware?
XBOX SERIES X VS PS5 SPECS COMPARISON
- Xbox Series X: 8x Cores at 3.8GHz, Custom Zen 2 CPU | PS5: 8x Zen 2 Cores at 3.5GHz (frequency is variable)
- Xbox Series X: Custom RDNA 2, 12 TFLOPS, 52 CUs at 1.825 GHz | PS5: Custom RDNA 2, 10.28 TFLOPs, 36 CUs (Compute Units) at 2.23GHz (frequency is variable)
- Xbox Series X: 16GB GDDR6 w/ 320mb bus | PS5: 16GB GDDR6/256-bit RAM, 448GB/s
- Xbox Series X: 1TB Custom NVME SSD | PS5: Custom 825GB SSD
- EXPANDABLE STORAGE
- Xbox Series X: 1TB Expansion Card (matches internal storage exactly) and USB 3.2 External HDD Support | PS5: NVMe SSD Slot, USB HDD support
- OPTICAL DRIVE
- Xbox Series X: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray | PS5: 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray
At first glance, they are almost the same. Xbox processors are faster, but Sony claims that they are better optimized. Both have the same RAM capacity, but on paper, Sony is faster. Xbox has more internal storage, and both use solid-state drives instead of mechanical hard drives, but Sony again claims that its smaller 825GB can be better optimized to improve performance. However, given that current games such as Final Fantasy VII Remake can already eat up nearly 100GB of space on PS4, this space seems trivial and will appear soon-especially the next generation games will be 4K native , The file size can be matched.
Thankfully, both support external storage, although Xbox adds to the hassle-not only can you plug in a USB drive. However, Microsoft will sell an additional 1TB “memory card” style drive that “exactly matches the internal drive”. This means that players will be able to run the game without affecting performance.
Winner: An awkward tie. In the original specifications, we will give Microsoft a slight advantage for Xbox Series X vs PS5, but in the “small game console”, the performance of PS5 Digital Edition is better than that of the S series.
More information about PS5 and XBOX:
- Officially revealed price of PlayStation – Sony