Seoul, Asia News: Angry protesters drop eggs and shout insults because one of South Korea most notorious child rapist has released from a prison in southern Seoul on Saturday (December 12) at the end of the 12-year semester.
Law enforcement agencies tied the 69-year-old Cho Doo-soon with an electronic anklet and escorted him to his home in nearby Ansan City. The authorities have added and upgraded security cameras. They have vowed to be around the clock monitoring. So that a man who can still see residents poses a threat to their community.
Cho has convicted of kidnapping and raping an eight-year-old girl in a church bathroom in Anshan in a brutal attack in 2008, causing her to suffer serious and sustained injuries. The case shocked and shocked the entire country and sparked strong sympathy for the girl. It has inspired a movie called “Hope” in 2018.
1 million people have signed multiple online petitions to the president to oppose Cho’s release.
Since 2017, about 1 million people have signed multiple online petitions to the president to oppose Cho’s release. This has been the fear of Ansan residents for many years.
In the intensive police situation, dozens of protesters held up signs “Cho Doo-soon to the hell” and chanted slogans to call for cutting or execution. They gathered for several hours in front of the prison early on Saturday morning.
The police dispersed some of the protesters. They temporarily blocked the passage to the prison by lying down and locking their weapons. It seemed to delay Cho’s release by about half an hour.
The demonstrators slid eggs and other items from the prison door at about 6.45 in the morning. At that time, it was a van carrying Cho with police officers on both sides, rolling out of the prison gate.
Wearing a hat and a white mask, Cho later arrived at Ansan’s probation office. At that time, there were a large number of camera flashes, where officials registered his tracking device. Before being escorted home, he did not answer the reporter’s question whether he regretted but bowed twice.
The Ministry of Justice rejected an earlier request from the Mayor of Ansan to quarantine him in a “protection” facility after the end of his prison term. The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology stated that it decided to let Zoff take government vehicles for transportation. It is because allowing him to use his own car or public transportation may cause “physical conflict” with other citizens.
Online message boards and social media are circulating comments criticizing his punishment.
“Nearly everyone I know was busy searching the Internet to figure out the location of his house and I did too,” said Li Daoheng, a coffee shop employee. “There are talks going around that prison didn’t change him, and that he was still a violent man. You don’t want that man walking on the streets and couples with parents are particularly concerned.”
Ansan office worker, J A Nah said: “I’ll tremble with fright about encountering him anytime and anywhere.”
She said: “I hope he’ll now live as a normal citizen who doesn’t harm others, but I still have fears about him.”
In order to alleviate public anxiety, the authorities have recently stepped up patrols and security postures near the Cho community.
Ansan City Government said in a statement that a team of 12 security guards (formerly special forces soldiers or martial arts experts) have arranged to patrol around Cho’s house 24 hours a day. Officials will also add 20 security cameras and new street lights.
Ansan City Police Department Chief Mo Youngshin said that another 30 police officers are mobilize to patrol nearby. He said that the police and the Ministry of Justice have recently conducted joint training to quickly mobilize their staff to respond to Cho’s crimes.
The victim’s family told local media last month that they planned to leave Anshan due to Cho’s return.
The father told the TV channel JTBC that his daughter “shed tears” over Cho’s plan to return to Ansan. “It was the first time that happened since she was attacked 12 years ago. We all cried with her,” the man’s name and face were not revealed.
Despite widespread concerns, some residents are still cautiously questioning whether the current patrol. Public hatred and media frenzy are too high after Zhuo completed his sentence.
The Ansan City Government also recently required media organizations not to film or interview residents without permission. By using privacy issues and ways that may negatively affect housing prices and children’s education.
More Information about:
- South Korea’s notorious rapist will be released from prison, receive psychological treatment to prevent recurrence
- Top News: Pandemic may lead to more child marriages